Polycom VVX 1500 Business media phone
The first business media phone combining advanced IP telephony, one-touch video, and business applications into a seamless, life-like experience
The Polycom VVX 1500 unifies voice, video and applications capabilities into a simple-to-use business media phone. With its unique touch screen interface, the Polycom VVX 1500 makes video calls as simple as using a phone. Its large display and ease of use make the Polycom VVX 1500 an ideal all-in-one productivity tool for today’s busy executives and professionals, whether they are in office, retail, professional services, or healthcare environments.
Feature-rich phone with Polycom HD Voice™
The Polycom VVX 1500 is equipped with all of the capabilities of a full featured Polycom SoundPoint IP phone including: 24 lines, Polycom HD Voice, a Gigabit Ethernet switch that supports PoE, and a host of rich telephony functions. These features can be accessed via the buttons on the front of the phone or by simply touching the large color display.
One-touch personal video device
The Polycom VVX 1500 includes an integrated camera and delivers businessgrade video calling with a simple touch of the screen. The phone has multiple adjustable elements including camera tilt, base height and screen angle to suit the environment and a user’s preferences for personalized eye-to-eye visual communications.
Business information at-a-glance
The Polycom VVX 1500 features an open API and WebKit-based browser that enable third-party applications developers to integrate the Polycom VVX 1500 with business applications such as unified communications, customer relationship management (CRM), and appointment management systems. The touch-screen user interface of the Polycom VVX 1500 includes a menu screen on which developers can place icons for users to touch and launch their applications.
The Polycom VVX 1500 comes bundled with several applications including the Polycom Productivity Suite, which enables users to initiate and control audio conference calls right from the touch screen of the Polycom VVX 1500 as well as record audio calls locally using a flash drive in the phone’s USB port. The Polycom VVX 1500 also features a Web service called Polycom My Info Portal, through which customers can select to receive content such as local weather reports and other personalized information on the screen when the phone is not in a voice or video call.
Technical Specifications Polycom VVX 1500
Product Specifications User interface features Polycom VVX 1500
• Resistive touch screen interface works with both finger or stylus (not provided) • 7 in TFT LCD display with adjustable screen angle • 16:9 wide screen aspect ratio • Screen saver and digital picture frame mode • On-screen virtual keyboard • Voicemail and videomail support2 • USB port for applications • WebKit-based Browser • Adjustable base height • Unicode UTF-8 character support. Multilingual user interface including Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English (Canada/US/UK), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, and Swedish
Audio features Polycom VVX 1500
• Polycom HD Voice technology delivers life-like voice quality for each audio path-handset, the handsfree speakerphone, and the optional headset1 • Polycom Acoustic Clarity™ technology providing full-duplex conversations, acoustic echo cancellation and background noise suppression – Type 1 compliant (IEEE 1329 full duplex) • Frequency response – 100 Hz – 20 kHz for handset, optional headset and hands-free speakerphone modes • Codecs: G.711 (A-law and μ-law), G.719, G.729AB, G.722, G.722.1, G.722.1C • Individual volume settings with visual feedback for each audio path • Voice activity detection • Comfort noise generation • DTMF tone generation (RFC 2833 and in-band) • Low-delay audio packet transmission • Adaptive jitter buffers • Packet loss concealment
Video standards and protocols Polycom VVX 1500
• H.261, H.263, H.263+ (1998), and H.264 • CIF(352×288) or SIF(352×240) resolution transmit and receive video up to 30 fps
• 2 mega pixel camera • 30 cm to infinity fixed focus • Privacy Shutter • Picture in Picture for near end camera • Full screen or window for far end camera
Network and provisioning Polycom VVX 1500
• SIP Protocol Support • SDP • IETF SIP (RFC 3261 and companion RFCs) • ITU H.323 support can be enabled via an H.323 Permanent Individual Phone License for the VVX 1500 (P/N 5150-16826-001) • Two-port Gigabit Ethernet switch – 10/100/1000Base-TX across LAN and PC ports – Conforms to IEEE802.3-2005 (Clause 40) for Physical Media Attachment – Conforms to IEEE802.3-2002 (Clause 28) for Link Partner Auto-Negotiation • Manual or dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP) network setup • Time and date synchronization using SNTP • FTP/TFTP/HTTP/HTTPS4 serverbased central provisioning for mass deployments • Provisioning and call server redundancy supported2 • QoS Support – IEEE 802.1p/Q tagging (VLAN), Layer 3 TOS, and DSCP • Network Address Translation (NAT) – support for static configuration and “Keep-Alive” SIP signaling • RTCP and RTP support • Event logging • Syslog • Local configurable digit map/dial plan • Hardware diagnostics • Status and statistics reporting • IPv4 • TCP • UDP • DNS-SRV